Fire in home-made clothes warehouse in Haldwani, goods worth lakhs reduced to ashes

Saturday night incident, police and fire team found control of fire

Haldwani. A massive fire broke out in a cloth merchant’s godown on Saturday night. The fire has caused loss of lakhs. Due to which the businessman has suffered a lot. On the information of the cloth merchant, the police and fire department extinguished the fire by reaching the spot.
Sushil Kumar Agarwal, a resident of Punjabi Colony located on Kaladhungi Marg of Kotwali police station area, has a clothes wholesaler shop. Late Saturday night, after having dinner with the family, were preparing to sleep. At the same time, some women walking in the colony told about the fire on the upper floor of the house. In a hurry, he came out of the house with his family members. As soon as he got the information from the Fire Department and Kotwali Police, FSO Govind Ram Arya reached the spot along with the entire fire brigade team and started the work of extinguishing the fire.
In the rescue operation, the help of three big fire engines and backpack sets had to be taken. The fire was brought under control after two hours of hard work, but by then goods worth lakhs had been reduced to ashes. According to the cloth merchant, he has built a godown in the back of the house, which was filled with readymade clothes and other items. Short circuit is said to be the cause of the fire

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

To Top

You cannot copy content of this page

English हिन्दी